We all know Tyler Perry as the famous movie mogul who’s standing on top of Hollywood right now. But there are a lot of things about Perry’s childhood life you may not know about.
Here are five things about Tyler’s early life you may not know:
1) Perry once attempted suicide to get away from his father’s beatings. Perry said that his father’s answer to everything was “to beat it out of you.”
2) Tyler changed his name from Emmitt when he was 16 in order to distance himself from his father.
3) He learned to write by watching the Oprah Winfrey show, where the guest explained that writing can have therapeutic effects on the soul. His first writings were letters to himself.
4) Tyler was molested by three men and a woman in the neighborhood. He later found out that his father molested his friend.
5) Tyler earned $130 million dollars last year, making him the highest paid man in all of Hollywood.(Source)
Tyler Perry should be an inspiration to everyone. Through God, Tyler has defied the odds that were put up against him to now become a humble, successful man with a big heart.
Keep inspiring us all Tyler with your good work.